- gives you a forum of health education professionals for networking and furthering your interests and career,
- publishes a directory of members,
- offers continuing education opportunities,
- keeps you up to date with regional chapter activities and events through its newsletter,
- stages professional and social programs,
- initiates special interest groups,
- supports an Internet mailing list,
- and offers membership information for National SOPHE.
Regional membership is open to all who work in health education, or hold a degree in the field. Corporations and organizations involved in health are also welcome. Students of health education are encouraged to join and benefit from a reduced fee. Members work in hospitals, health agencies and organizations, schools, and private industry. Others serve as teachers or consultants.